Position Title: Regulatory Affairs Manager SEA
Company Nature of Business: Manufacturing – Wood Coatings
1. Track and Manage existing and emerging regulations
– Monitoring National Chemical Inventory Regulation in Southeast countries.
– Stay up to date with other emerging chemical regulations applying to product compliance
– Nominate the new resins/chemicals in company’s product into coming National chemical inventory list in Southeast countries. Analyze impact of regulations changes on processes and policies.
– Manage regulation changes and provide support during the development of compliance strategies for upcoming and/or changing regulations (ex, GHS) as they are related to Company and our products
– Communicate regulation changes to local stakeholders.
2. Support regional management in the development regulatory strategies and solutions that achieve first class regulatory performance, global compliance and aim at global and regional harmonization with long term benefits for company. Implement regulatory compliance processes, driving consistency and efficiency across company’s businesses in Southeast Asia region, particularly in Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia.
3. Be responsible for new chemical and polymer registration, notification and regulatory reporting activities.
4. Identify, build relationships with, and partner with external regulatory consultants, government agencies and other resources to develop depth and breadth of the subject matter expertise.
5. Provide regulatory training and information to the impacted business and organizations.
6. Coordinate customer requests with global RA/GPS team. Responds to the requests using standardized letter if required.
7. Support and/ or actively participate in regional advocacy work including direct communications with Industry associations and consortiums as necessary to advance company’s position.
8. Support corporate and regional hazard Communication and labelling subject expertise by specifying and reviewing the health and safety information related to labellingsh of products for compliance with domestic and international regulations.
9. Support and/or actively participate in raw material vendor regulatory compliance communication process in region.
10. Project Support
– Support the implementation of global regulatory affairs projects in region
1- Minimum of Bachelor degree in chemistry, toxicology, polymer science or related field
2- 5+ years of experience with regulatory affairs / compliance related work in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry, preferably within the coatings industry
3- Knowledge of chemical control laws in AP region including GHS requirements
4- Knowledge of regulations on Transport of Dangerous Goods (Classification, Labelling, Packaging requirements) (Ex IMDG, ICAO)
5- Knowledge of chemical and product related restrictions for import/export and product sales in
6- Experience in authoring Safety Data Sheet
Kindly attach updated resume for application