Position Title: Legal Counsel (5 months contract) – high possibility convert to permanent
Company Nature of Business: MNC Market Research
Location: Kuala Lumpur
· Assist General Counsel, Asia Pacific in restructuring initiatives and corporate housekeeping.
· Assist General Counsel, Asia Pacific in preparing, instituting and overseeing compliance, risk
management and company policies reasonably necessary for efficient management of the
business in compliance with laws and regulations.
· Under supervision of General Counsel, Asia Pacific, work on acquisition and post-acquisition
matters, including issues relating to minority shareholders
· Draft, review and negotiate client and vendor contracts. Work closely with client service teams
to resolve legal issues related to commercial relationships between company’s entities and their clients.
· Create/update legal forms for a variety of contracts and ensure their use by the business teams
in the region
· Work with relevant CFOs, advise on legal aspects of tax issues and coordinate with outside
counsel as appropriate.
· Assist General Counsel, Asia Pacific to manage risks related to employees and independent contractors; under supervision of General Counsel, Asia Pacific, oversee outside counsel on employee litigation matters.
· Report to General Counsel, Asia Pacific on a weekly basis regarding activities and prepare
mandatory monthly activity reports in format specified.
· Provide administration support to the work assignment system for the Asia Pacific Legal Team
· At least four years PQE experience, preferably having worked both in a private practice law firm
and an in-house legal environment
Experience in the following areas:
· Corporate housekeeping.
· M&A experience is a plus
· Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (client and vendor contracts, non-disclosure
· Knowledge of data protection and privacy law;
· LLB/JD or LLB/JD equivalent required.
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese (Cantonese would be considered).
· Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to work efficiently and productively
in a fast-paced high-growth environment. Must be able to willingly accept coaching and
feedback as employee develops in the role.
· Ability to work independently in Kuala Lumpur office alone without General Counsel, Asia
Pacific or other Asia Pacific Legal Team members around.
· Ability to work effectively with local office management team and outside legal, financial and
· Interacts with local and regional leadership and demonstrates a positive, approachable attitude
with the capability of appropriately pushing back when required.
· Confidence to take action and make decisions within the parameters of authority set by the
General Counsel, Asia Pacific.
· Passion for the job and protecting our company.
· A high level of flexibility and initiative. Sense of ownership of responsibilities.
Interested candidates may send updated CV to email@example.com