Position Title: Assistant Vice President – Contract Logistics Department (Business Plan/Development)
Company Nature of Business: Logistics & Warehousing (3PL) – Global Logistics Company
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
• To gather market intelligence, identify business opportunities and provide solution designing for contract logistics and supply chain management services for the organization.
• Design and implement end-to-end strategic sales business plan and cycle, which must aim to expand customer base locally and internationally.
• Negotiates contract terms, conditions, and prices with both vendors and carriers to improve customer service and reduce transportation costs. Proactively manages relationships with outside service providers to achieve the best relationship of price to performance, while cultivating strong stable vendor relationships.
• Drives the entire sales process; lead and assigns team responsibilities for opportunity qualification and development, solution architecting, RFP/RFI proposal development and customer reviews, issues handling, negotiations and deal closure.
• Demonstrates foresight and vision in identifying business opportunities for expansion and improvement of scalable operations fulfilment globally.
• Designs, implements, and constantly improves material handling, inventory control, and business processes to optimize throughput, minimize cost/investment, and satisfy customer demand.
• Exhibits a commitment to excellence and to superior customer service – both external and internal – in every aspect of the fulfilment function. Actively communicates, coordinates, and cooperates with other departments to optimize customer satisfaction, throughput, and efficiency.
• Recruits, trains, manage and develops warehouse and managerial staff to build an effective and stable organization, capable of executing operating plans and achieving both company and department objectives.
• Expands the adoption and utilization of the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and related operating/information systems to improve productivity, streamline distribution processes, and achieve operating performance objectives.
• Meeting top line expectations within agreed time frame and resources. Assist in planning, budgeting and managing the department investments as per the agreed growth plans. Reports and analyses the results of contract logistics sales and operations fulfilment on a regular periodic basis to senior management and recommends corrective action to improve future results.
• Proven sales track record in the supply chain and logistics industry, specifically on contract logistics/warehousing.
• At least seven (7) to ten (10) years of working experience in supply chain industries, preferably with supervisory experience in a related high-volume distribution centre environment.
• Ideally possess a Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree majoring in business/marketing, logistics and/or supply chain management, or equivalent background.
• Must have excellent selling, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Energetic and outgoing person.
• Analytic and able to judge and make independent decisions.
• Good computer proficiency in MS Office & Internet Navigation.
• Strong work ethic, characterized by initiative, drive, and goal orientation
Kindly attach your updated resume for application