Reports to: GM, EVAP APAC
Division: Evaporative Cooling
Work Location: PJ, Malaysia
The primary purpose of this role is to utilize strong relationship and technical skills, this position provides leadership and direction to Regional Sales Managers responsible for establishing “preferred supplier status” with specific power and industrial accounts, while also ensuring SPX has early awareness and involvement in potential power and industrial projects. The incumbent is a key contributor to the Evaporative Cooling APAC team, and drives growth by contributing to, leading, and shaping the business unit’s commercial presence while developing and mentoring direct reports and other members of the sales team. Success in this role requires extensive knowledge of the relevant products and markets, and the willingness to aggressively pursue financial goals. The incumbent will implement plans in the territory that results in the expansion of existing products and customer orders, plus capture new customers and new product orders thru distributors and/or direct as the case may be.
- Responsible for orchestrating SPX resources to develop relationships and close sales with targeted power / industrial and HVAC accounts
- Maintain high level of visibility within power and industrial accounts
- Develop a culture of proactively creating and offering construction service solutions
- Play a key role in team and individual career development providing a solid platform for employees to advance through the sales organizations
- Oversee the establishment and execution of sales plans for power /industrial & HVAC accounts
- Manage the project bid strategy process including product selection, pricing and target margin
- Provide assessment of product development needs and market development activities
- Evaluate and report on distributors and key accounts on a regular basis.
- Provide timely and accurate market information including information in the areas of pricing competitive activities, products, and other items necessary to the success of area marketing strategies and programs.
- Develop and recommend innovative ideas and tactics that will contribute to an increase in market share and sales in the assigned regions/territories.
- Confer regularly with management on recommended sales strategies, promotions, and potential new markets.
- Develop and manage distributor network in order to achieve sales objectives and continuously increase market share.
- Provide technical and commercial support to distributors and key end-users and ensure that key market segments and end-users are adequately covered and serviced by distributors.
- Introduction and promotion of all SPX Evap Cooling products to end-users in all potential industrial segments of the market.
- Responsible for sales forecasting, identifying market needs and trends in order to fully exploit market potential in the assigned territory.
- Responsible for achieving Company’s yearly sales objectives, conducting periodic market surveys/analysis and engaging (with Supervisor) in periodic distributor performance evaluation.
- Manage / Support the sales channels across the countries in SEA regions
Annual revenue growth plan
Bid proposal hit rate
OPERATIONAL LEADER COMPETENCIES
· Customer Focus
· Driving Execution
· Driving for Results
· Facilitating Change
· Leading Teams
· Operational Decision Making
· Coaching and Developing Others
· Selecting Talent
· Continuous Learning
· Business Savvy
· Leveraging Diversity
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 12+ years of sales or commercial experience, including 6+ years in a leadership role
- Experience with forecasting, basic finance, and distribution models
- Sound technical knowledge in the field of Cooling Tower or industrial
CERTIFICATION/OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to build strategic relationships internally and externally
- Ability to coordinate full-time sales resources to achieve strong presence within complex, multi-site major accounts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Broad product and market knowledge
- Formal exposure to process improvement methodology
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 50 percent of the time
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Sitting, standing, and walking
· Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
· Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
· Ability to effectively verbally communicate
· Extensive travel required; air and automobile
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office environment with varying degrees of noise levels
· Outside at times; may be exposed to bad weather, excessive heat, and/or excessive noise
Top 3 factors to consider are:
- Biz accuman; experienced with SEA countries, excluding HKG TWN Macao; with business study/sense
- Strategic thinking – implement GM plan / how to sell
- Team management – leadership (Will need to manage 3 Sales Manager)
We prefer the candidate who know cooling tower
HVAC Background candidates
Distributors / direct sales – manage distributors experience
AOP = Annual operating plan
Candidates who are currently a Sales Manager or from similar industry.
Remuneration package: 220000 – 280000 / annum + 40% variable pay + cash car allowance