To be part of a reputable, long-standing sales-driven company, the Sales Engineer plays an important role in up-keeping brand image; bringing in revenue; connecting with new prospects; providing genuine and prompt consultation; technical service and support to partners and customers.
Our Sales Departments are separated into 3 different departments:
i) Heavy Industry Department
ii) Automotive Department
iii) Industrial Department
– To be committed in promoting, selling, service (both consultation and technical) and educate our range of bearing products and mechanical related components
– Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule or acquire referrals from existing leads
– Administering client accounts; recording and maintaining client contact data
– Manage existing customers with professional sales handling, establish personal rapport, provide consultation and recommendation, technical support, pre-sales technical assistance, product education, prompt delivery and after-sales service
– Support in case of Warranty Claims, set up technical investigation report & present findings to customer with Sales Person (if required)
– Key customers should be monitored closely – to plan on regular visits, communicate and understanding customer needs, enquire on new prospects, assist customers in their stock planning process, and follow-up on providing prompt delivery
– Negotiating tender and contract terms
– Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
– Set up trainings, application / technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet customers’ needs
– Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
– Prepares cost and provide quotation estimates by studying plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
– Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
– On-site inspections for bearing failure and prepare analysis report on the findings
– Cross-reference on products with correct applications (ie. Speed, Load & etc)
– Derive customer’s future trends and product requirements
– Prepare and/or suggest reference sheets and reference list for Sales Person
– Maintain good working relationship with our Brand Owners
– Maintain good working relationship with the Customer Service team, sales support team (to ensure good and effective back-up support when respective sales executive is out of office), store and delivery department to ensure prompt response, arrangement and delivery to customers.
– To monitor and record weekly sales activities, customer payment report and other related monthly sales report to be submitted to the sales manager
– To monitor competitor’s movements by understanding their policies and collect related data from supplier or customers. Collected data shall be submitted and shared among the sales team
– Monitor and report to sales manager of bearing price discrepancies (old and new model) based on data collected in the market
– Strictly monitor and follow-up on all Account Receivables and Overdue limit of respective customers’ account
– Collection of payment should be submitted promptly to the Accounts Department for update
– Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis
– Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent.
– Required language(s): Mandarin or Cantonese, English, Malay
– Race Preference: Prefer Mandarin speaking candidates; Open if the candidates with relevant experience
– At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
– Possess own mode of transportation
– Personality: outgoing; pro-active; disciplined; self-motivated & customer service oriented
– Possess good communication skills, able to reflect good self-corporate image
– Sales etiquette should be at all times
– The Company will provide incentives and allowances for successful applicants
Basic Salary Range
– RM 3K – RM 4.5K
– Allowance/Commission: Petrol card, HP, Transport allowance (claimable), commission