· Strategize, advise and plan test related activities
· Ensure alignment of the testing scope to all requirements and review all test plans, test scenarios, test reports and provide completeness sign-off
· Work closely with the development teams and vendors to ensure visibility on unit tests and development schedule
· Work closely with Product Owners and PMO and provide confidence in test planning effort and deliverables and enable product owners/PMO to provide sign off on the deliverables
· Provide regular progress report to Product owners and PMO
· Manage the test execution plan and defect management processes across integration testing and acceptance test
· Engage with stakeholders for issue and defect resolution.
· Escalate the impacts on quality and scheduling for any major issues or defects during testing cycles to stakeholders and provide test execution options to mitigate any additional delays
· Participate in all requirement meetings and facilitate defect triage for test phases
· Provide guidance and supervision to the Test leads and act as a escalation point for the testing team
· Work with Test Lead to provide a defect analysis report post project test phase providing visibility on defect root causes and lessons learnt
· Educate and help the Product owners/PMO define quality parameters and acceptance criteria for project delivery
· Monitor and Control defect activities, resource deployment and Project request
· Managing both onsite and offsite team
· 10 years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance with at least 3-5 years of experience as a Test Manager.
· Experience in managing both Manual and Automation testing teams is preferred.
· Able to communicate in good English and preferably Japanese (Spoken & Written)
· Able to work in fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment
· Candidate must have strong analytical skills
· Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Power Point
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
· Familiar with Software Testing Development and Testing methodology, especially Agile
· Able to travel frequently
Important attributes for success:
· Passionate about STLC and guiding subordinates
· Positive on collaborative environment with your colleagues & business partners
· Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
· Exceeds expectations and produces positive results
· Timekeeper, sincere person
· Predictable problems and disability points
· Identifying and mitigating risks and issues
· Commitment to quality, consideration of detail
· Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Effectively communicate with all levels of client organizations, vendors and stakeholders.