- Based in central NOC, communicating with field installation engineers in real time, via phone and web-chat, while they are installing server in each school, to finalize deployment.
- The task is to ensure server in the school connects with central management system, is working properly and is quickly and accurately recorded in the central management system.
- In cases where the server does not work properly, the technician will attempt some basic diagnostics, and then escalate to a more experienced support engineer if necessary.
- The challenge on this task comes from the pace and volume of the incoming calls, as engineers around Malaysia installs devices in schools. Engineers will be expected to work in a fast paced environment where the room for error is minimal.
- Work with the central management system, routinely monitoring a large fleet of server; reporting on issues in line with set SLA’s
- React to alarms and carry out initial troubleshooting of issues. Escalate as needed.
- Carry out routine appliance management tasks (eg backups), as advised by more senior engineers.
- Advice teachers in schools who need help configuring teach-managed features (content management tasks)
- Provide first-line responses (taking phone calls, responding to online tickets), gathering relevant information and deciding on appropriate action, with significant high volume.
- Resolve or diagnose simple customer issues (eg hardware, connectivity issues). Process or escalate as appropriate. Ensure the customer enjoys a high quality support experience, that the support request is handled rapidly and to a high standard through to a conclusion.
- Carry out diagnosis and repairs of products returned to our central workshop with suspected hardware faults
- Call centre/Help desk experience
- Basic IT literacy skills (Familiar with computer networking concepts advantageous, using computer systems, accurate data entry)
- Solid communicator. Good at explaining things in a clear, structured way.
- Interest in IT. Used to learning new technologies under own guidance.
- Fluency in both English and Malay is required, additional languages suited to the region would be beneficial.
- Advantage: Computer Hardware – Familiar with usual range of components, assembling, disassembling and diagnostic work.