• Diploma or Degree in Accountancy / ACCA or equivalent
• Minimum 5 – 7 years in a similar role
• Computer literate (Microsoft Excel) and competent in written and spoken English.
• Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices, policies, regulations and rules – Skill in maintaining and reconciling accounting and invoicing records.
• Self-motivated and continuously seek improvement in all aspects of the role and responsibilities
• Able to manage time and meet tight deadlines
• Able to organize, work independently and as part of a team with leadership qualities
• Well organized with meticulous attention to detail and with a strong sense of urgency
Key Functional Skills
• 5-7 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of accounts receivable and invoicing practices and principles.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Skill in maintaining and reconciling accounting and financial records.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication
• Maintains revenue in compliance with revenue recognition criteria
• Preparation of invoices and ensure invoices are GST / SST / Tax compliant
• Review all necessary supporting documents and processes to ensure compliance with accounting standards and control objectives prior to invoicing
• Reconcile invoices/billing with AR ledger
• Liaise with operations to ensure smooth and timely invoicing process
• Liaise with Customers on invoice submission and acceptance process
• Monitor collections from Customers
• Manage status of account and balances, identify and resolve inconsistencies
• Ensure proficiency and effectiveness in day-to-day accounts receivable transactions, month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
• Annual audit process – both internal and external. Ability to handle statutory audits and liaise with auditor on responsible functions.
• Maintenance of fixed asset accounts and its related responsibilities
• Liaise with suppliers, banks, clients and related companies as and when required
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Monthly and quarterly preparation of management reports, cash flow forecast and other information as required by management
• Accomplishes accounting and organization objective as required
• Perform any and other relevant duties as directed
Interested candidates may send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org