- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met while
- Maintaining high level of accuracy.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in auditing, taxation, treasury, secretarial and legal requirements for the region.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities for the region.
- Collaborates with the other finance / accounting managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audits.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Support Controller with special projects, ad-hoc requests and workflow process improvements.
- Proven experience as an Accounting Manager – 5-7 years of relevant experience in the general ledger / reporting area.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, improve, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation and regulations
- Proficient user of finance software (MS Office and Microsoft Great Plains – strong experience with Microsoft Excel)
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/MIA/CPA is a must
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any job related duties required by the manager.
Interested candidates may send your updated resume to email@example.com