Position : Assistant Manager – Accounting
Location : Kelana Jaya, Petaling Jaya (easy access to Glenmarie LRT Station)
Nature of business : Freight & Forwading, global logistics company, one of Fortune 500 co
· Responsible for ensuring all accounting functions are in strict compliance with the Regional and Country requirements and in line with Corporate strategies for business development and operations.
· Manage the day to day Accounting operations including A/R, A/P, Revenue Recognition and Cost Accounting, working closely with the Accounting and Operational teams to review processes, implement best practices and improve productivity.
· Manage the Capital Expenditure process, including obtaining approval of acquisitions and disposals, maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, and completion of the Annual Inventory certification.
· Complete all GL reconciliations, including Proof of Cash, Fixed Assets and Payroll for monthly P&L submission.
· Contribute to the preparation of the internal monthly accounts (Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cashflows, and Analysis) for review by the Regional and Global Accounting teams.
· Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities for Payroll and Corporation Tax.
· Prepare financial information for credit reviews and perform annual credit reviews in line with Global Credit policy.
· Assist Controller with the preparation of statutory financial information and tax computations.
· Provide required information/documentation for Internal Control Evaluations and Internal/External Audits.
· Support the Finance Controller with miscellaneous projects and tasks.
· To take up additional responsibilities as required to meeting the Company’s needs.
· Professional certification or Degree in Accounting or other equivalent qualifications.
· At least 3-5 years working experience in freight forwarding industry is preferable or multinational company.
· Experience with financial reporting, taxation, and compliance.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to the details.
· Proficient in MS Office, including Excel Formulas and Pivot Tables.
· Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to financial persons as well as non-financial persons at all levels from Operations to Senior Management to obtain positive results.
· Proven leadership attitude and skills.
· Ability to drive through change.